The skin that surrounds your eyes was known to be the thinnest portion of skin in your body. Therefore, it is the most sensitive part of the skin and even slight irritation could cause eye puffiness. Fluid distention around your eyes might be triggered by the different factors that include the salty diet, lack of enough hours to sleep, allergic reactions as well as fluid retention.
If you have this problem too, then you have nothing to worry about because there are some things that you can do to cure it. There are several ways on how you can reduce the visibility of this all over your eyes. The following are steps on how you can cure the puffiness in your eyes.
How to Treat Puffy Eyes
- Place a spoon that is made with metal inside the freezer for at least 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, get the spoon and slowly put in your closed eyes for a minute then place it on the other eyelid and do the same. Do the step alternately on your eyes until you feel that the spoon is no longer cool at all. You may choose to repeat the procedure if needed. You could also use 2 spoons and place them inside the freezer then use them on your left and right eyelids simultaneously.
- Put 2 pieces of moist tea bags inside the freezer for around 10 minutes until they got frozen. As the bags of tea are inside the freezer, you have to pour a tablespoon of olive oil in a little plate. Use a piece of cotton ball and dab it on the oil. After that, wipe the oil all over your eyelids. Get your tea bags from the freezer then put them in your closed eyelids. Allow them to stay there from 8 up to 10 minutes then rinse your face to remove the olive oil.
- Drink lots of water during the day. Every person has to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses full of water every day based on his or her weight. If you are heavier, then you have to drink more water also. You should never forget that eye puffiness could be also triggered by water retention.
- Give stimulation on your blood vessels by means of tapping the skin under your eyes. You may use your own index finger in tapping the skin under your eyes moving from one side to the other using one direction only. Never attempt to tap your skin hardly since this may cause harm on the capillaries closed on the surface of the skin that may trigger redness.
- Get enough sleep. The best way to cure puffiness of the eyes is getting enough rest and sleep. Make sure that you will obtain good and deep sleep every night. Adults like you should spend at least 8 hours to sleep during night.
- Avoid eating those foods that are rich in salt. If you are fond of eating salty foods and you have puffy eyes, then you have stop on doing it. Salt can cause fluid retention and this may cause the skin under the eyes to collect water resulting to puffiness.
- Elevate your head while you sleep. To cure puffy eyes, you need to elevate your head for at least 3 up to 6 inches based on how you will be comfortable. Lifting your head would use the gravity to avoid retention of fluid on your bottom eyelids.
These are the ways on how you will be able to get rid of eye puffiness. Choose one from these steps on how to treat puffy eyes and get the relieve you need.
Filed under: Uncategorized on November 1st, 2012