One of the most usual beauty problems of many individuals nowadays are dark circles under eyes. These dark circles usually make you appear tired and ill. And every time you look at yourself in the mirror, these dark circles will even make you feel worse and at times, your self-esteem can also be affected.
Under Eye Dark Circles: What are They?
The skin beneath your eyes is relatively thin and lightly dotted with the oil glands, not like the skin found on other parts of your body. And because of different reasons, this skin beneath your eyes turns dry and thin. The veins below your eyes usually look more prominent when the skin beneath the eyes becomes thin and dry. This will then give the area its dark appearance.
Various Causes of Dark Circles Below the Eyes
There are several causes that lead to the formation of dark circles below the eyes. Some of these causes are the following:
- Fatigue and insufficient sleep – Night long parties, insufficient sleep and fatigue will surely make your skin look paler. When your skin gets pale, the blood vessels will be seen prominently, making dark circles appear.
- Nutrition – A poor nutrition will surely lead to paler skin below the eyes. Insufficiency of the vital nutrients in your diet or leading a poor diet can certainly lead to discoloration of the skin under your eyes.
- Sunlight exposure – Sunlight exposure can increase the pigmentation level which causes tanning. The same rule applies to the skin below your eyes. When the skin beneath your eyes gets exposed to too much sun, it will tan and appear dark.
- Hormonal imbalance – Any hormonal imbalance which happens during menstruation, menopause, pregnancy and the likes can also cause some skin paleness which leads to formation of the dark circles under eyes.
- Age – As people gets older, the skin beneath the eyes turn drier and more wrinkled. This wrinkled skin usually appears as the dark circles.
- Heredity – If other members in your family also have these dark circles beneath the eyes, there is a great possibility that you will also get them. Thinness of the skin beneath the eyes is actually hereditary character. This thinness will reveal the dark skin underneath which will then look as dark circles.
Knowing more about dark circles under eyes will give you more knowledge on how you can stop them from forming.
Filed under: Uncategorized on November 30th, 2011