Bags under eyes are being characterized by the puffiness or swelling underneath your lower eyelids. Aging and hereditary factors happen to be the top culprits behind this particular condition. Your under eye skin is very delicate which makes it highly susceptible to bagginess.
Basically, your under eye skin appears baggy or swollen because of the fluid accumulation within those blood vessels that can be found around your eye area. This can really be troublesome as anyone affected by this condition can look tired and unhealthy.
Good thing that there are now simple yet effective home remedies that have been discovered to be highly beneficial when curing bags below your eyes to a significant extent.
Home Remedies That are All Natural
- Among the best home remedies that can be done to eliminate those ugly eye bags is by sleeping with your head slightly elevated. So that it will be more effective, use one to two pillows below your head so that the bagginess caused by fluid retention will be avoided.
- Using parsley leaves, prepare a facial mask that you can put on in order to experiencing a soothing relief that can naturally lessen your eye bags.
- Splash some cold water on your eyes and face regularly in order to make the circulation better and avoid any bagginess brought by unwanted fluid retention.
- Cool and fresh potato or cucumber slices can also be placed over your closed eyes in order to remedy the ugly eye bags. The treatment that can be done within the comfort of your home must be regularly followed to heal the problem the soonest time possible.
- Another popular method for curing bags under eyes is by placing chilled tea bags over your closed eyes within 10 t0 15 minutes in order to lessen the swelling. You can also make use of ice compresses and black tea, chamomile tea, green tea as well as sage broth can be very beneficial for treating the condition as well.
Diet for Curing Your Eye Bags
Aside from the mentioned methods for curing your under eye bags, it is also necessary that you ensure that your body will be hydrated all the time. To achieve this, you will have to drink the correct amount of water within a day and at the proper regular intervals.
In addition, you also have to drink as much fresh vegetable and fruit juices as you can. You must also follow a low carbohydrate yet nutritious diet which is comprised of various vegetables, fruits, nuts, and whole grains, specifically those that are abundant in vitamins C, E, and A.
Make sure that you also regularly eat apples, grapes, watermelons, cucumbers, tomatoes, as well as other vegetables and fruits that have high water content. Also, try to restrict your intake of too much salt in your daily diet and avoid strong carbonated, alcoholic, and caffeinated beverages.
Also, lessen your consumption of packaged and processed foods that have excessive content of different kinds of additives and preservatives so that you will never suffer again from bags under eyes that result from retention of fluid. Last, but certainly not the least, is to never deprive yourself of enough rest and sleep. As much as possible, ensure that you will get eight hours of sleep each day so that you can give your eyes with the much needed rest required after the long hours that you spent working in front of your computer and stressing yourself in your daily tasks.
Filed under: Uncategorized on September 17th, 2012