Did your eyes get puffy? If yes, you have to determine its cause so that you will be able to get the appropriate treatment for that. The puffiness of your eyes seldom indicates that you may have a severe health problem, yet this is a very annoying problem. Its presence can make you look older and appear more exhausted that what you really feel. You will learn that there are many treatments that can cure your puffy eyes like eye creams with caffeine or plastic surgery. On the other hand, you have to know the causes of this condition so that you can prevent having it.
The Causes of Eye Puffiness:
- Poor Sleep – it is one from those most frequent causes of getting your eyes puffy. As an adult, you have to spend 7 to 9 hours of sleeping every night so that your body and your eyes get relaxed. Poor sleep may trigger fluid retention that results into “bags” under your eyes.
- Allergies – your eyes may get puffy because of allergy. It typically happens during the spring season in which the flowers produce pollens causing you an allergy. Curing it with medicine will typically relieve the puffiness of your eyes. If you have an allergy because of foods, soaps or washing soaps may cause your eyes get puffy.
- Bites or Stings – some bites of insect or stings may cause the bitten area to swollen. It may also happen when an insect bite somewhere near your eyes. Puffing of the eyes caused by insect bite must be cured using cold compress. You should never apply any medicine nearer to your eyes.
- Heredity – there are some individuals who got puffy eyes because of heredity. You have to check your older relatives so that you can find out if it is the cause of your puffy eyes. In this case, you only have to conceal your eye bugs by means of makeup and sun glasses.
- Menstruation – your eyes may get puffy because of the hormonal changes when you have your monthly period. Taking some medicines will help in relieving the puffiness of your eyes.
These are the probable cause that you may have once you have eye bags. Poor sleep, allergies and insect bites are preventable and if one of these causes you to have puffy eyes, you will be able to overcome it. Remember that before you look for any actions or medications made for curing eye puffiness, you must determine the cause of it before trying to cure it.
Filed under: Uncategorized on June 16th, 2012